I ran the Nutcracker 5K race yesterday. I know it isn't far 3.1 miles. And I am working on getting faster. My runs are just so SLOW. I guess mom is right, I am not a runner, not for distance anyway. It is depressing to have to work hard for 2 years and not get any faster. I can go forever at a snails pace.
43.08
that was my time for 3.1 miles. Anyone know how fast that is per mile?
Well, my first mile was 15 minutes on the dot. The second mile was 12:30ish. First mile was uphill, and the second mile was downhill. The third mile was flat and uphill. What ever time is left is how long it took to do the third mile. What is that 15+ min/mile. Terrible.
I know my trainer will say I did a good job and way to go.
So now you know you too can do a race. Do the triathlon with me. I may swim and bike better, but for sure you will pass me on the run.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
well i may beat you on the run but you'll beat me on the bike and swim, that's 2 to 1. But it'll still be fun. I got an x-ray on my ankle this week and it's still broken! My DR. said, I should be running on it for sure by the summer! It better be sooner than that!
Lucia,
Why are you still broken? That doesn't seem right. Are you being good? or secretly out running first thing in the morning?
About the triathlon, i may be faster on the two but a fast runner can make up so much time on a slow runner! It is the run where people win.
So I am seriously considering doing the triathalon with you guys - but I can't swim and I haven't done a lot of biking. Plus I'm not even a good runner! So I think you two would leave me in the dust. Still, it sounds fun and it would be a good goal to look to so I can stay motivated :).
Post a Comment