Sunday, December 21, 2008

I DID IT!

Wow, oh, wow!

I cannot tell you how the emotions were running through me, or even what I felt, if anything. Maybe I was in denial which is why I didn't feel. I don't know.

What I do know is that I SANG a SOLO in front of my ward for the Christmas program this morning. It was short. I had a microphone (never have liked my voice amplified like that) and it was still ok. When it was over, when I was done singing by myself, I got very
HOT! It was noticeable to me. I bet I turned the same color as my shirt (red). I was amazed that I had done it. I was totally pleasantly surprised. I can't tell you how I did, because I don't remember hearing myself sing. Funny,that!

Would I do it again?


Yes, yes I would. I don't know if you know this about me, but i love to sing. I had forgotten that for a few years, and now with the voice and piano lessons, I have put in the time to learn to sound good and so yes. Yes, I would do it.

The sad part about this singing thing, is that now both my choirs are done until May and January. I don't have any voice or piano lessons until then either, so there is no purpose, nothing pushing me to sing. I will just have to do it because I love it.


2 comments:

Lucia said...

great job Anita! I wish we could have heard.

The Haley Family said...

wow, you go girl! Wow, a solo...that freaks me out! I bet is was so beautiful!

Thanks for visiting my blog!! How are you over there in UT?